Like Facebook everyone has probably heard of Twitter but may not understand it as well. In this session we will show you how to setup a Twitter account and how to start putting it to good use.
How To Setup Twitter
- Go to Twitter.com
- Click on “Sign Up” button
- Enter your “Full name” First and Last Name or Company Name. This name will appear on your public profile.
- Enter a unique “Username”. This will appear in your public profile URL: http://twitter.com/USERNAME. You want to take care here to optimize this for branding with creative use of capitalization. I would if at all possible avoid using underscores in a Twitter name but if there is no other way to get what you want then you to. I had to do this @kenneth_jackson.
- Enter a Password
- Enter your Email Address
- You now are presented with the option to allow or disallow Twitter users to find you by your email address. If you are doing this for promotional purposes I would leave this box checked.
- Check out the terms of service
- Click on “Create my account” button
- The last option is whether or not you want to receive the information emails from Twitter.
Don’t follow a whole lot of people from the start as you will probably just confuse yourself and quit using it.
To get up and running right a way, find and follow Connections Digital Media and The Team Leaders by using either the “Find People” function in Twitter or just use the links at the bottom of this page.
- Click on “Find People”
- Click on Connections Digital Media or Kenneth Jackson
- Click the follow button
- Pick a couple
- You will now get our messages
To message some one directly simply ad the @ symbol to the front of their twitter name like @connectionsis and a direct message will be sent to your Twitter Friend.
Hash Tags are the mysterious “#” in tweets followed by a few characters. What do they mean? Hash Tags are the Twitter communities way of tying a tweet to an event marking certain keywords searchable to help people find tweets about a specific topic or event.
Google Chrome – Chromed Bird
iPhone and iPad – Official Twitter app for iPhone and iPad
Click Here to Sign Up for Twitter
Click Here to Follow Kenneth Jackson